Scenario Order

QSR based series of scenarios with fiction

Moderators: Cralis, SDS Members, SDS Owner

Scenario Order

Postby Cralis on Thu 21 Jul 2016 10:52

Since I'm baaically developing these scenarios with ya'll, I'm going to bring up questions like this one from time to time, so I can see what all of you players think.

When I originally thought up the first two scenarios, I put them in the order they are now because I figured that a straight up battle would be better for the first scenario. Looking at then now (and given all the stuff I had to deal with this month that delayed my work between them)... I went back and re-read what I have so far and realized scenario 1 talks about scenario 2 in the past tense and scenario 2 talks about scenario 1 in the past tense!

Oops.

So my original idea was for the attempted ambush on the RKNS Sungold to be first. Do you players think that it would be good enough to be scenario 1?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Scenario Order

Postby Cralis on Sat 23 Jul 2016 19:52

No opinions? None at all?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Sunwolf on Wed 27 Jul 2016 04:58

Have to go back and look them over again, but I like starting a chain of events with an ambush.
Sunwolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Vandervecken on Sat 30 Jul 2016 10:51

Poor day for the RKNS Sungold, good for the starting scenario though. Many wars start with some small 'incident'.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sun 31 Jul 2016 20:24

I do like the new order too, it just feels more realistic. And the RKNS Sungold can get away in most cases with little damage if it just runs away. The only time that isn't the case is when the alien player decides to explore first the exact moon or planet that the Sungold is hiding behind. Then it has to try and ambush the destroyer and fly through it's damage, and if you're unlucky, it can knock you down before you can get out of range.

I have tried the ambush four times now and if the Sungold rolls lucky and the alien does not, it can destroy it, but ONLY if you close to point blank range and stay there.

Anyway, I got back my story for the third scenario and I'm thinking about sucking it up and posting the third scenario tonight. The scenario is just rough :\
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to [SDS] QSR Campaign