So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Postby coldsteel on Sat 18 Nov 2017 18:30

Cralis wrote:Oh man, I kept thinking last night that I was forgetting something. I was in-bed sick most of the weekend and was trying to catch up last night. I read this and... *palm to forehead*

I already messaged Marvin about this, I need to put together the package.

Should we do the Nexus articles and Electronic Communiques together? Or separate?

I would say separate.
TFN: 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby LesMasters on Mon 20 Nov 2017 03:55

Hi, Cralis

I agree with coldsteel. I don't have the Ultimate CD package to hand (I'm at work), but, if I remember correctly, most of the Nexus material was for the 2nd Edition, whereas the Communiques (paper & electronic) covered 3rd Edition. Separation would be more convenient (unless 2 PDFs are going to be significantly more expensive than 1).

Les
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Mon 20 Nov 2017 14:51

I discussed this some with Marvin, and part of the issue is that we are rebuilding the products we put on WGV to only include the SDS publication information and the current sites. There are a couple dozen Nexus and 40 ECs that we'd have to change to stay with this policy. And honestly, I think there is good reason to maintain that policy, so that means finding time to make those changes. Marvin suggested that maybe what we should do is assemble them into a book form so we could wrap the entire set into covers and a preface that outlines our republication with the correct information, which would let is keep them in their original form inside the book...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby coldsteel on Tue 21 Nov 2017 14:28

I like that concept, Cralis.
coldsteel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby aramis on Wed 22 Nov 2017 14:54

Cralis wrote:I discussed this some with Marvin, and part of the issue is that we are rebuilding the products we put on WGV to only include the SDS publication information and the current sites. There are a couple dozen Nexus and 40 ECs that we'd have to change to stay with this policy. And honestly, I think there is good reason to maintain that policy, so that means finding time to make those changes. Marvin suggested that maybe what we should do is assemble them into a book form so we could wrap the entire set into covers and a preface that outlines our republication with the correct information, which would let is keep them in their original form inside the book...

I like marvin's idea.
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Wed 22 Nov 2017 15:41

Well then, I suppose we have a plan!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby coldsteel on Sat 02 Dec 2017 22:30

LesMasters wrote:Hi, Cralis

I agree with coldsteel. I don't have the Ultimate CD package to hand (I'm at work), but, if I remember correctly, most of the Nexus material was for the 2nd Edition, whereas the Communiques (paper & electronic) covered 3rd Edition. Separation would be more convenient (unless 2 PDFs are going to be significantly more expensive than 1).

Les

Exactly what I was thinking, LEs, but I didn't remember WHY we'd want them separate... lol..

Of course, I did update some of those Nexus articles/scenarios to 3rdR and I think GSF/USF...
coldsteel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 05 Dec 2017 16:07

Oh Yea....
Took me awhile, but once I knew I could use google, Amazon and eBay are my friends.

Cannot wait till there is a Starfire III:Empires module for vassal. Been to long since I got to play a strategic level starfire game.
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby nukesnipe on Tue 05 Dec 2017 16:20

It's been forever since I pulled out Starfire III. May have to do that tonight....
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 05 Dec 2017 16:39

Sounds good, if I can get enough folks to get set up for vassal play, which uses SF 1 & 2, I'll offer to SM a very cut down strategic game. Say if we get just 12 folks vassal qualified by the end of the year or so, I chip in the time to run a 1 month game.

Might be nice, and may just get folks interested enough to dig out their copies...
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Original Starfire