The Glorious Kobold Empire rises again!

Starfire campaign histories, fan fiction, and talking about fiction.

Moderators: SDS Owner, SDS Members

Forum rules
Please post new fiction in a separate thread. The search engine can find all related fiction. Have fun! Just let us know who wins.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Any Starfire-related fiction and campaign-related materials are welcomed here. Player submissions in this forum are the property and responsibility of the author.

Re: The Glorious Kobold Empire rises again!

Postby aethelred on Thu 15 Aug 2013 06:06

Thanks for the tips guys!
Meanwhile, captain Parmenter with F troop has engaged Pinky and the Brain's fleet near the enemies home world.
Due to crack crews and initiative advantage our glorious Second Kobold Empire forces enjoy a +3 to their initiative rolls.

Hopefully they invade the right planet this time! :roll:
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby aethelred on Thu 15 Aug 2013 11:54

After action report submitted by Captain Parmeter:
The enemy fleet was annihilated and Pinky and the Brain captured!
Glorious!
F troop lost one CT only. High speed and holding the initiative won the day.
However our communications computers seem to have gotten a virus.
NARF!
Pinky and the Brain have been placed in a cage and will be sent to the lab for analysis.
Our next target is the enemy home world!
NARF!
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Thu 15 Aug 2013 16:51

Greetings, We at ACME are proud to announce the opening of our new subsidiary Waynetech. We have a few items that you may find useful. First up, For the ACME form fitting bat suit, the utility belt. It's perfect for carrying things such as elastic weapons launchers, Illudium-236 explosive space modulators (handy for dealing with pesky Terrans), and Bat Mouse Repellent. It also holds a universal translator. Speaking of which, we have deduced the meaning of NARF. It seams to translate as "Holy Bat (fill in the blank)".
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby aethelred on Thu 15 Aug 2013 21:59

Turn 12
Terrans surrender to the superior might of the Second Kobold Empire! (there was much rejoicing)
The CL's and DD's returned to mothball fleet
Pinky and the Brain arrive at SA1a to begin analysis.

Pinky: What are we doing tonight Brain?
Brain: Same thing we do every night Pinky, plotting to take over the Second Kobold Empire!
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby aethelred on Fri 16 Aug 2013 09:53

Turn 15:
PGa on line! Glorious!
Rolled 100 on Z R&D, not so glorious :cry:

In other news, two form fitting bat suits, utility belts, elastic launchers and several space modulators are missing.
:shock:
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby aethelred on Sat 17 Aug 2013 23:22

Turn 17:
Finally some good rolls, made EL3, got gunboats and plasma guns on line.
Here are some new ship designs:
CV(ca hull) SSSSSAAAAAQQJJJJJJ(CIC)(4xBga)PgJJQJJ 5/4 cost 839
CVL(cl hull) SSSSAAAAQQJJJJJJPgPg(CIC)(3xBga)JJQJJ 7/4 cost 687 fast hull
CTPg SAJJQPgPgPgJJ 8/3 cost 263 fast hull
ESPg SAJQPgPgJJ 9/3 cost 190 fast hull
I would be interested in any input on these designs. My thinking is having the fleet fight in three lines, Pg's in front followed by F armed ships then Pt. The carriers would be behind these lines.

One other question about gunboats. It appears to me that Gba can be armed with an internal and external at the same time. For instance with the weapons I have available, one Gba squadron could be armed with Pg and Pt. The Pt would be one shot only and then would have to be reloaded. Pg would be able to fire repeatedly. Do I have this right?
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby SCC on Sun 18 Aug 2013 00:19

Those CV ships need to be fast ships to work, but I don't see that in their listing, nor do I see Launch Bays (Code BL), you've also forgotten to group the engines into drive rooms properly
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby aethelred on Sun 18 Aug 2013 22:37

Thanks tips SCC, guess that means one less squadron per ship :cry:
I agree with you on the CV, but can't build fast hull till EL4. I'll probably wait for that anyway since B hulls will also be available. Meanwhile I'll prototype the CA hull with an FT. Prototype on the cheap!

In other news:
Black and white bat seen flying around Waynetech lab last night. The cry "NARF, POINT" was heard.

Alexei!
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby SCC on Sun 18 Aug 2013 23:54

Fast hulls are available one EL after the hull itself, so you're fine for a Fast CL hull

I'd also advise getting rid of the Pg, carriers have no business getting in close like that
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Mon 19 Aug 2013 04:04

Why do I see the 2nd Kobold Empire going the way of the first? I would recommend some exterminators to you, but I'm afraid that your problems could get worse. It seems that the senior partner has an irrational fear of southern rodents. He seems to think that they are all either very large or very fast. The junior partner is far more capable, but he's a bit young to be doing a job this complicated solo.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Starfire Fiction