SDS server compromised???

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: SDS server compromised???

Postby Cralis on Sun 19 Jun 2016 11:11

SCC wrote:
Tesuji wrote:And strangely my cursor became blue, which I would assume indicates my machine became hacked too...

Sorry for the late reply, but this doesn't mean your computer is being hacked, a VERY rarely used property is to set the cursor while it's over a section, sort of like how it changes to the normal text selection tool when over text.

Oh I'm sorry, I missed this. I looked at their page code and they changed the color of the cursor with javascript. I did not find any downloads or anything like that. It did, however, increment a counter object on a website... probably letting them know how many people saw it.

It was very strange.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby southwestforests on Sun 19 Jun 2016 23:41

Cralis wrote:It was very strange.
Saw headlines saying full moon on a solstice was going to make all manner of strange things happen - blame it on that?
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby Cralis on Mon 20 Jun 2016 11:24

southwestforests wrote:
Cralis wrote:It was very strange.
Saw headlines saying full moon on a solstice was going to make all manner of strange things happen - blame it on that?

If you think about it, there's always a full moon somewhere in the galsxy. Maybe that explains a lot?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to General