Cralis, where art thou?

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Cralis, where art thou?

Postby Cralis on Tue 12 Jul 2016 09:59

I've had three emails this week from players who didn't catch that I had some stuff going on... and then Marvin called and asked the same question. While I appreciate the well-wishes, I haven't been super transparent as two of you thought it might be a longer term problem.

So let me be a little more transparent. :)

First, my father-in-law had a heart attack three weeks ago. Because my wife was helping him, that meant for about 10 days I was doing work AND taking care of my household and kids. That is what most of you have heard about. And he's doing excellent considering the circumstances.

Last week, however, my home network went offline after a power issue. In the process I decided to move equipment and computers, clean out the office (dog hair is evil! he's going outside now), and change things to prevent it from happening again. Late last night I reconnected my work computer and will be resuming my Starfire work tonight!

Woohoo!

But during appointments and running the kids around, and then again for the last 5 or 6 days I've been doing Starfire stuff solely from my phone. I totally understand how Procyon feels. :/

If I have missed any inquiries or questions please let me know. I have been trying to answer all of my email.

But assuming nothing else happens *knock on wood*... I will be returning to working on Starfire today.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Cralis, where art thou?

Postby nukesnipe on Tue 12 Jul 2016 10:48

Slacker. :P
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Tue 12 Jul 2016 13:43

*laugh*

I know, right? Those 4-6 hours per night sleeping could have been put to better use working on Starfire...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby procyon on Tue 12 Jul 2016 16:20

Hey. At least you don't have to borrow your kid's phone...

Make sure to add 'get some rest occasionally' to the 'to do' list. :D
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby southwestforests on Tue 12 Jul 2016 17:13

Starfire mini-Shakespearean: 10 seconds of fun with words.
"Cralis, where art thou?"
Cralis responds, "______________" (readers insert something which amuses them)
"Cralis, thou art where!?"

Interesting what can be transmitted with same four words in different order with different inflection.
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby Cralis on Wed 13 Jul 2016 13:41

Heh, technically it's something like 2^4 combinations if you don't that it doesn't make sense grammatically :)

So... I got my work computer back up and I put together a new stand for my second monitor to go behind and above the first. Cleaned my desk space and resynchronized my files. The only thing left is now my printer won't print black ink *sigh*

BUT... I found a copy of Gorm-Khanate War still in the shrink wrap. I started scanning it last night so we can rebuild it!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby southwestforests on Wed 13 Jul 2016 18:04

Cralis wrote:BUT... I found a copy of Gorm-Khanate War still in the shrink wrap.
Vacuum packed for freshness! :D
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Return to General