Post-Migration Testing! Testing!

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Post-Migration Testing! Testing!

Postby Cralis on Mon 22 Apr 2019 21:59

Our site has been force migrated to updated systems on our host, and one of the migrations was to a new database server. I am seeing a little bit of a slowdown loading the forum, and I'm checking all of the settings to make sure that some setting I've forgotten about might need to change.

In the meantime: CHECK! I'm here. I just want to see who else has made it back in...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Post-Migration Testing! Testing!

Postby LesMasters on Tue 23 Apr 2019 03:15

Hi, Cralis

All present and correct here.

PS. Did you have any thoughts on my post of 10 April on Minor Typos?
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Postby drtetrode on Wed 24 Apr 2019 13:49

Full Login worked.

I had failed a couple of times to load page http://www.starfiredesign.com/starfire/ correctly, seemed like a partial load.. So, got out of the browser completely, and went back in and it is operational.

Scott ;-)
Save early, save often!
drtetrode
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby southwestforests on Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:58

Ah, now I know why forum was simply not there last night when I came looking for it.
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby Cralis on Sat 27 Apr 2019 13:03

I’ve been posting our host’s saga to our FB page. It should all be working now...

Les... I have not yet. Between prepping the dozens of new sprued datagroups from Otterman, finishing phase 3 of the SSF update (so close!), and now the website migration... I’ve not been able to go back and catch up. My apologies, I don’t mean to leave you hanging.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Whitecold on Sun 28 Apr 2019 13:42

The forum now seems intend on logging me out each and every time I visit the website.
Whitecold
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sun 28 Apr 2019 23:04

Whitecold wrote:The forum now seems intend on logging me out each and every time I visit the website.

I don't get logged out every time, but I am getting logged out if I am away from the website for more than an hour or two. That only just started happening to me this weekend.

I'm not sure what is causing that. I cleared the cache for the forum, and I cleared the cookies and cache on my computers/phone. We did have to change the nameservers this weekend, but I'm not convinced that is causing the problem.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the issue?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby southwestforests on Sun 28 Apr 2019 23:21

Here's a wrinkle: Using the login screen, this has happened twice now, which is how many times I have logged in after the change; I entered user name, password, check the "log me in automatically each visit" box, click "Login" button - goes to a blank white screen with at top left a little grey box/button with text, "Click here to login ..."
Umm, I just did.
Okay.
Click button.
It goes back to login screen I had begun with.
Repeat entries.
Click "Login" button.
Goes to what the website calls User Control Panel, Front Page.
Hmm, that's not the way the forum worked before.

I'm using Windows 10, Firefox browser, and because of having autism and several other health issues and needing to reduce how many things happen on a webpage, this browser has a script blocker - which is set to allow the ones necessary for the starfire page; and, a GIF blocker, which is off for the forum here because the forum website/page itself appears to have some structural elements which are GIF-based.
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Sun 28 Apr 2019 23:38

southwestforests wrote:Here's a wrinkle: Using the login screen, this has happened twice now, which is how many times I have logged in after the change; I entered user name, password, check the "log me in automatically each visit" box, click "Login" button - goes to a blank white screen with at top left a little grey box/button with text, "Click here to login ..."
Umm, I just did.
Okay.
Click button.
It goes back to login screen I had begun with.
Repeat entries.
Click "Login" button.
Goes to what the website calls User Control Panel, Front Page.
Hmm, that's not the way the forum worked before.

The second process with the button is the way it has been working for about two years now. That was an intentional change to stop forum bots from doing automatic logons and registration attempts. It cut out 99% of the attempts, in fact.

The redirect to the front page is probably from the URL format. That's something I should probably look into changing... it's just waaaaay down on my list of priorities. You just click the board index really quick and you can bypass the redirect.

I'm using Windows 10, Firefox browser, and because of having autism and several other health issues and needing to reduce how many things happen on a webpage, this browser has a script blocker - which is set to allow the ones necessary for the starfire page; and, a GIF blocker, which is off for the forum here because the forum website/page itself appears to have some structural elements which are GIF-based.

Yes, the CAPTCHA is a gif image file. That's not something I have any control over, unfortunately. Most of the rest of the images were changed to .png files about five years ago.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby southwestforests on Mon 29 Apr 2019 03:23

Okay, that makes sense. And, even though last time I had clicked to log me in automatically each visit I had to log in just now.
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to General