Starfire II Map image?

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Starfire II Map image?

Postby brasidas19004 on Mon 06 Apr 2020 17:03

I am playing my copy of Starfire II, and I can't find the map that came with it. Uncertain if it is lost forever or just temporarily misplaced.

Can anyone send me an image of the map where the hex numbers can be read? I just need to use it to figure out the spacing of the scenario setups when I relocate them onto my classic old blue map, or some other nicer hex map I hope to get in the future. Please send to my g mail, which is brasidas19004 - Easy!

Thanks!
brasidas19004
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Starfire II Map image?

Postby coldsteel on Tue 07 Apr 2020 13:25

You could always pull the one that's a free download on the SFB website. Basically the same mapsheet.
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 1 BC, 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks), 2 FTx (old sculpts)
coldsteel
Captain
Captain

Postby brasidas19004 on Tue 07 Apr 2020 20:53

coldsteel wrote:You could always pull the one that's a free download on the SFB website. Basically the same mapsheet.

Geez, is that "starfleetbattles.com"? That website is a maze.

Don't suppose you can provide a link?

The map was black, with white lines, that much I remember. It is probably stuffed in a box with "Ram Speed" components or something...
brasidas19004
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby szurkey on Wed 08 Apr 2020 17:42

brasidas19004 wrote:
coldsteel wrote:You could always pull the one that's a free download on the SFB website. Basically the same mapsheet.

Geez, is that "starfleetbattles.com"? That website is a maze.

Don't suppose you can provide a link?

The map was black, with white lines, that much I remember. It is probably stuffed in a box with "Ram Speed" components or something...

White with black lines? http://www.starfleetgames.com/sfb/sfin/Hex_Map_4230_numbered.pdf
szurkey
Captain
Captain

Postby aramis on Sat 25 Apr 2020 21:43

Starfire II used the blue 4-panel, 28 col, 33 hexes per col vertical grain. odd columns high.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1630206/starfire

Note that the numbering is different from the later black/nebulae maps, which are 42 columns of 32 hexes, odd collumns high.

SF 2E did use the black SFB, which ADB has at http://www.starfleetgames.com/playerresources.shtml under "individual downloads" file "hex map". (ADB has said they don't like deep links to the individual resources at various points, so I don't)
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Return to General