Best for solo play?

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Owner, SDS Members

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Best for solo play?

Postby igycrctl on Tue 14 Jun 2022 08:10

Looking for recommendations for which version is best for solitaire play. My focus will be on the strategic game. Thanks.
igycrctl
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Best for solo play?

Postby krenshala on Thu 16 Jun 2022 10:18

Anything from Starfire III on will work, though the later versions have more on the strategic side of things. But if you are willing to come up with your own rules for it, any version could work.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Best for solo play?

Postby Cralis on Mon 20 Jun 2022 19:41

Earlier versions of the rules have smaller, simpler rule sets.

Classic Starfire (Imperial Starfire + Sky Marshal #2) is about the middle ground. (Note that IMHO Sky Marshal #2 is necessary; the original Imperial Starfire rules have some very complex and massively time consuming rules that are corrected with far simpler rules)

Solar Starfire is the latest, most complete set of rules with a new update coming later this year; but it's also the largest set of rules.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to General