Nemasis Campaign Comments

Procyon's family campaign

Moderator: procyon

Re: Nemasis Campaign Comments

Postby krenshala on Sat 03 Mar 2012 16:45

M_Wadwell wrote:
rincewind wrote:When your finished, why not use the fiction to publish a book?

Or two..... :lol:

Later,
Matt

Lets see ... Feb 2205 would be a book unto itself, right? :roll:
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby rincewind on Sat 03 Mar 2012 17:23

I wonder when Febuary will be finished?
If you can't get rid off it by sending the Three Stooges over to it's side, then don't bother with anything else. It's indestructible.

-A ThreeStooges fan
rincewind
Captain
Captain

Postby procyon on Mon 05 Mar 2012 01:53

rincewind wrote:I love this story, cant wait for the next part.

When your finished, why not use the fiction to publish a book? When i copied and pasted all of it into word, it was around 700 pages.

M_Wadwell wrote:Or two.....

krenshala wrote:Lets see ... Feb 2205 would be a book unto itself, right?

Febuary has felt like a book, but it will end up dwarfed by March.... :?

And as for turning stuff into a book, my wife (tator93) has tried to get me to write one a couple of times.

Problem is it would take away from my time writing this. ;) :D
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby procyon on Mon 05 Mar 2012 01:56

rincewind wrote:I wonder when Febuary will be finished?

I have been typing in the last part for Feb this weekend, but if has been active enough here that I haven't been able to get much time. I haven't even had the time for lunches, let alone retyping text.

Well, that and the fact I tend to spend some time chatting on the threads...

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby rincewind on Mon 05 Mar 2012 18:13

I was just reading febuary, the new parts of it anyway. So the FSC decides to trust China again? Especially after what happened last time?
If you can't get rid off it by sending the Three Stooges over to it's side, then don't bother with anything else. It's indestructible.

-A ThreeStooges fan
rincewind
Captain
Captain

Postby procyon on Tue 06 Mar 2012 02:19

rincewind wrote:So the FSC decides to trust China again? Especially after what happened last time?
\

I will cover it in more depth in the overview, although I have toyed with the idea of holding off and doing a 2 month overview at the end of March 2205 as these two months are deeply tied to one another.

But trust is an awfully strong word here.
More of 'the devil you know vs the devil you don't.'

At the end of the month, they all knew that things were about to get bad. The oldest girl (FSC) was out of ships, lost her only off world colony, had alien troops landing on the one conquered population that she held, and was tied down into projects that were going to need time to come to fruition.

The middle boy was the only player with the depth (both economically and militarily) that would be able to do much. The Euro and US were getting stretched thin - too thin. It would be all they could do to hold their own. And the oldest girl knew it.

But the oldest girl had a few things that the middle boy was short on. And he was willing to deal.

And so two powers that were technically at war became allies to avoid an even worse fate....

procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby procyon on Wed 04 Apr 2012 23:42

Ummm....

In the midst of the copy and pastes for post 31 of Feb, I seem to have cut off the end of the post. That took out the last big battle. Oops.

I will try to get it typed up here at work and editted in, but no guarantee. Bunches of sick babes tonight so it might have to wait.

procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby procyon on Fri 06 Apr 2012 04:56

Got last bit tacked onto end of part 31.

procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby procyon on Mon 16 Apr 2012 02:32

I managed to get the next post typed in (YES, March is started!).

But it hasn't been proofread and this computer has no spell check, so that will have to come later.

I don't think anyone will mind a few typos for the moment though... ;)

procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby procyon on Mon 30 Apr 2012 20:26

Ok, this is taking more than I thought. :oops:

March has worse hurdles than Feb as SO MUCH happens so close together.

I am not a writer by trade, and trying to get this to make sense to the reader is proving difficult. I have re-written the first several parts of March a couple times, but they still end up confusing to date.

One attempt just reset the clock on the parts, so one might start before another. But then checking the times gets tricky for the reader and makes it hard to keep track or where you are/what is going on.

Another attempt followed a character for a duration, and then switched. But again fitting in what was happening to who in reference to the other characters gets truly muddy.

So please bear with me on this month. I generate a lot of text, but this time making it readable is going to take some time.

:? :roll:

EDIT

I also reserve the right to completely redo the first part. Sorry.

procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

PreviousNext

Return to Nemesis Campaign