Nemasis Campaign Comments

Procyon's family campaign

Moderator: procyon

Re: Nemasis Campaign Comments

Postby Vandervecken on Tue 01 May 2012 00:39

procyon wrote:I am not a writer by trade

You may not be "by trade", but I assure you, you ARE a writer; and a relatively good one. Mostly because you have done more than most of us readers because you have actually written stuff. And have done it well. I've read 11 books since sthe start of the year. These are by 'writers by trade' and I have enjoyed reading the stories from the Nemesis campaign more than 2 of them (maybe three). Of course, you are writing right into the sweet spot of my Sci-Fic sweet tooth, hehehe.

Don't feel the need to apologize, no-one is paying you. Thanks again for the massive amount of time you (and to the others who post in the Starfire Fiction Forum) have spent making your game come alive in a very nice way.

P.S. - I look forward to reading about a lot of peoples Starfire campaigns here, from mega-numbered fiction-filled Month posts to the quick and brief empire synopsis. No 'writer by trade' on the resume is needed.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby rincewind on Fri 04 May 2012 16:23

Proycon, you may not be David Weber (Sorry, but it would take something on the border of the impossible to shake my liking of him) but you come very, very close. Keep up the good work!
If you can't get rid off it by sending the Three Stooges over to it's side, then don't bother with anything else. It's indestructible.

-A ThreeStooges fan
rincewind
Captain
Captain

Postby procyon on Sat 05 May 2012 04:22

Many thanks to both of you, rincewind and Vandervecken.
I always appreciate compliments. And those are some pretty hefty ones.

Thank you again. :D
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby Vandervecken on Thu 14 Jun 2012 01:30

Procyon,

I had an idle few minutes here at work and got to thinking; Hmmm ... March 2205 needs another post soon, or my music needs more Cowbell. Any chance you can get another bit of that hectic month posted here in these next few weeks ? And thanks again for the hard work you put into the Quick Start Rules - Over the weeks, months, and years; it may mean more Starfire fiction will be generated. Which is a nice bonus to getting more people becoming Starfire players.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby procyon on Tue 19 Jun 2012 02:59

Vandervecken wrote:Hmmm ... March 2205 needs another post soon

Trying to. Just got part 5 posted. Hope to get part 6 before this weekend.

Life has been hectic of late. The floor here at the hospital has been insane. Of late we have had more sick/early babies than regular nursery babes. My last weekend to work was short so I got stuck at the hospital for 60 straight hours before I could go off shift.
Add in the youngest girl going to her first Nationals for her competive dance group over the 14-17th in the Dells and it has been busy.
Then figure in that we lost 14 chickens over the course of a week and a half to predators, which left I and the middle boy spending our free time setting traps or taking shift with a flashlight and .22 guarding the coop (last count before I left for WI was 6 dead racoons, 3 possums, 2 skunks, and a coyote...). At least we haven't lost a chicken for the last 4 days.

So I do hope to get more posted. I also hope to get more than an hour or two of sleep at a time.

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby Vandervecken on Tue 19 Jun 2012 05:04

I'm sorry to hear about your chicken losses ... my weekend camping brought some predators to my attention but my livelyhood and property were spared. Whitewater Park has many signs letting campers know that food should be kept in vehicles overnight because Raccoons would get into coolers and even quiet occupied tents to get to anything they could get a wiff of. When my family came back from taking a trip to the Mystery Cave State Park about 40 miles away in the middle of the day; my sister really said to the 4 families that made the trip, "Watch your nipples, the Raccoons are out even in the day!" We found out that she left a half full baby bottle on the picnic table when her family went away to the swimming area and when they returned a little over an hour later; the nipple had been bitten off and the bottle with the old milk was empty. The previous night (Friday night) a full bag of marshmallows had been left on the group eating table and only 4 half bitten marshmallows and a badly ripped, chewed bag had remained. Early Sunday morning, a couple who were camping on the road over from our road, found 2 huge Raccoons in their car eating stuff from their cooler; they had forgotten to roll up the rear drivers side window and the coons crawled their way up and in.

Sometimes the Nemesis are aliens, sometimes they wear masks and walk on 4 feet.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby procyon on Thu 05 Jul 2012 21:25

Hoping to get the next part out this weekend.

And our critter issue seems to have resolved. The pile of unsuccessful interlopers got pretty big, but we haven't had any new additions to the pile - or losses to the chickens, for several days now.

I might have added a new part over the holiday weekend, but spent it with the 8y/o making our Galactic Princess her own bow. Oak with a maple riser, 48" and 22# at 23". She helped put on the backing (ok, its not traditional as I like a fiberglass backing to make sure these thin bows don't snap), some of the rasp work, filing notches, and with parts of the tillering. She also painted the backing gold, then added the 5 layers of shellac by herself for a shiny outer coat. She even made/waxed the string, although dad had to put on the loops.

Out to about 7 yds she does pretty well. She now can get out to shoot with the rest of the kids (and parents). On the fourth she beat her 11y/o brother in three matches out of 5.

But now that it is done, I will try to get back to writing.... ;)

procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sat 07 Jul 2012 06:34

At least you don't have treecats in the celery patch.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby M_Wadwell on Sat 07 Jul 2012 17:26

AlexeiTimoshenko wrote:At least you don't have treecats in the celery patch.

Or a daughter called Stephanie..... :lol: (Yes, I saw that the e-arc is available.)

Later,
Matt
M_Wadwell
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sat 07 Jul 2012 19:34

I can think of as few other girls names that are appropriate. Hannah, Vanessa, Han, Magda etc.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Nemesis Campaign