Nemasis Campaign Comments

Procyon's family campaign

Moderator: procyon

Re: Nemasis Campaign Comments

Postby Moonsword on Mon 24 Nov 2014 20:48

There's a reason I don't try to do any sort of serious typing from my tablet and it's less annoying than a phone would be.

I have done a fair bit of Starfire reading on it, though. :D
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Postby Cralis on Tue 25 Nov 2014 12:12

Actually, that's the #1 reason I sometimes wait to respond to a post. It's too long to edit or requires too much typing on my phone... so I wait until I get to my desktop to respond.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby procyon on Fri 26 Dec 2014 20:36

Ok, short update on how I am doing on this.

The binder with the story is about 450 pages, and I am a bit over 200 into it.
I could have just gone through it, But by the time I take what I am reading, go over the 4 players turn sheets/message logs/orders for that turn, and the Nemotian turn sheets/message log/orders, and then my own turn notes for that month, and then check that against the fiction notes/outline I had...

Well, I'm not moving a lightning speed. The holidays and deer season haven't improved it either.
I am hoping to be back to hammering out the next parts for March before the real world March gets here.
But that is where I am at the moment.
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby krenshala on Tue 30 Dec 2014 22:41

Dont worry. We won't complain (too much) until after March 2015 is over if we haven't seen the end of March in the story yet. ;)
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby procyon on Mon 26 Jan 2015 20:54

(sniffle)

It is now the end of an era here at this house. The last of the eldest children / great empires has left the house. 'Laser death/USN/drakar' left several years ago to move north and get married. The 'Piratess/South Seas Federation' left for college shortly after and is now in France.

And this evening we left 'The Sledge/Chinese Empire' at the hotel so that he can catch his flight to Air Force Basic Training in the morning.

The only founding player left is my wife, aka 'The Missile Queen/Pan or New Euro'. There are still two junior players waiting to start their sagas, but the end of an era is here with the last of the kids who formed Nemesis and New Empires on his own.

:-(

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 27 Jan 2015 00:22

My condolences man, it has to be hard to see the end of such an era. OTOH, you must be proud of your young ones getting out in the world and possibly starting their own family (gaming) groups. How old are the youngest two?

Do you think you may get lucky and not get cutoff from the internet this winter again? Or is it too soon to tell?

I have classes for the next 4 semesters, but hopefully that will leave me able to write Java Apps, websites, and the like at the end of next years winter, lol.

As for Nemesis, what can I say? If you don't get a chance/feel inclined to continue your most excellent thread, I will not be totally devastated (no, really, I will be fine), and will understand (really I will), sniffle. OTOH, it might be kinda nice to at least get a feel for what they did play up to as a general timeline. I know the campaign lost a player around the time I started reading the thread, but that they had progressed much further in the game than the thread had progressed, and no wonder, what with all the incredibly rich story details you included and which made Nemesis THE best campaign story thread I have ever read.

Either way man, you and yours have a good time and enjoy! I know I and many others got many an hour of great reading pleasure from all the hard work that you put in to bring your families campaign to life in such a magnificient fasion.

Your devoted fan,

Voidstalker
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Vandervecken on Tue 27 Jan 2015 02:02

You know how I feel about your writing, Procyon. I hope you have time after you retire from Nursing to become at least a part-time writer. There are a few of you 'Closet' writers here at the forum, and I am so glad you folk have given us you time and effort to tell us your tales.

As for 'Sledge' heading out ... Ain't it just a bittersweet thing. We want our kids to become adults. but to have them leave our nests still pulls on our hearts. Pride and sadness all mixed up with countless memories and hopes for their futures. Such is life and it is good.

I hope your' hearing from all of us in your 'cheering section' doesn't put any additional pressure on you. Going back to write stuff that is slowly becoming more and more from the past is probably difficult enough if and when you can find the time, eh? So i'll just say thanks again. (And hope for more, hehehee).
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby procyon on Tue 27 Jan 2015 07:55

As far as the internet at work, so far so good.
But the whole issue is always up in the air as the hospital can 'revise' the web filter whenever they want.
So keep your fingers crossed that it stays this way.

As far as the timeline of getting the fiction going, I am actually a bit ahead of my 'self imposed' schedule. Unless something occurs that affects my work, I am actually on schedule to start writing by the middle of Feb and hopefully start posting before March.

And it is true that the worst part of the job of being a parent, is that to do a good job - you have to work yourself out of one. This is the fourth one to leave the nest so it isn't something new. And there are still two left so it isn't like the house is empty. (In fact they are both home sick from school today with a stomach bug...)
But the first couple days are the worst as I get to go around the house putting up the stuff the kid left behind. Coats hanging on the rack by the door. Chore boots sitting on the rug. Books sitting on tables. Etc.
And this one will be missed the most in a Starfire sense as he has the most time in on it and was pretty savvy. My wife has just as much skill and knowledge, but a different play style and point of view. Sledge was also the one that worked on the 'Age of Dreadnaughts' trial we ran and his leaving takes half the insight into it with him. That, and with the last of the 'old' players gone, there will be a lot of references made that will go right over the younger kids' heads.

But we are slowly plowing into the work of starting the next game. With the boy in 8th grade and 14 y/o, and the girl in 5th grade and 10 y/o, there is still another galaxy yet to save and sagas yet to write.
I just need to get back to work writing on the one I have started... 8-)

procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby Cralis on Tue 27 Jan 2015 14:10

procyon wrote:And it is true that the worst part of the job of being a parent, is that to do a good job - you have to work yourself out of one.

I have at least six years before this can happen, probably more like eight, with my oldest child. I imagine this is one of those bittersweet moments... you are sooooo happy it finally happened, but at the same time you aren't...

And this one will be missed the most in a Starfire sense as he has the most time in on it and was pretty savvy. My wife has just as much skill and knowledge, but a different play style and point of view. Sledge was also the one that worked on the 'Age of Dreadnaughts' trial we ran and his leaving takes half the insight into it with him. That, and with the last of the 'old' players gone, there will be a lot of references made that will go right over the younger kids' heads.

Now is your chance to help pioneer online play! :) Any chance of that happening?

But we are slowly plowing into the work of starting the next game. With the boy in 8th grade and 14 y/o, and the girl in 5th grade and 10 y/o, there is still another galaxy yet to save and sagas yet to write.
I just need to get back to work writing on the one I have started... 8-)

I'm only just starting to get my kids interested and my wife will probably never be interested. Even so, I'm hoping that I can yet have a family legacy like that. Until then, I'm still jealous :?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby dazrand on Tue 27 Jan 2015 19:14

And this evening we left 'The Sledge/Chinese Empire' at the hotel so that he can catch his flight to Air Force Basic Training in the morning.

Ahh, I remember something similar when I headed to basic training. A surreal experience being out "on my own" in a hotel waiting for the morning and not sure what the day would bring. Despite the fact I ended up at Fort Sill :shock:, it was the beginning of a wonderful experience. Hope the The Sledge has a good experience as I did and praise to his parents for giving him the concept of duty, not always a lesson learned young. Also glad you gave them all a taste for Starfire :D .

Now, new crew, new games, new memories, and hopefully new stories!
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Nemesis Campaign