What to buy with the Other Fund

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Owner, SDS Members

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

What to buy with the Other Fund

Postby SCC on Sat 17 Aug 2019 00:53

So I'm trying to figure out what to spend my Other Fund on, I've already out 16 DD with X split between two designs out of my Survey fund, along with 6 ammo colliers. I'm buying a bunch of st with my Battle Fund, along with an ammo depot. I'm thinking of buying a mobile shipyard, but I'm not too sure, if I can't come up with something I'll probably dump the whole lot into FT to raise income.
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What to buy with the Other Fund

Postby Kumakunshu on Sat 17 Aug 2019 14:25

That's what I did. I started out with a rather healthy government Pool income (103.5 MCr) already in place on turn 1.
Kumakunshu
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Re: What to buy with the Other Fund

Postby Xveers on Sun 18 Aug 2019 20:18

I'd suggest at least one mobile (SYM) on a DD-FT hull. It's going to be a terrible design, slow and inefficient, but it'll give you some off-planet construction capacity right off the bat. It'll let you do remote repairs, build space stations, and if you give it Atmospheric Capability (should be inherent with a FT hull) then you can also use to to build planetside facilities if needed (this great for setting up some cheap and cheerful PDCs or the like wherever you wish).
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Return to Solar Starfire