3rd ed revised player information card

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Owner, SDS Members

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

3rd ed revised player information card

Postby Fangsimon on Mon 26 Aug 2019 18:44

The range 0 column for Energy beams and Plasma Guns is empty. Is there a corrected card? I tried to figure it out using the cards from regular 3rd ed which I got from ebay, and ISW4 which I got from drive thru rpg, but those cards are different from 3rd ed revised.
Fangsimon
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Re: 3rd ed revised player information card

Postby dazrand on Tue 27 Aug 2019 05:22

Fangsimon wrote:The range 0 column for Energy beams and Plasma Guns is empty. Is there a corrected card? I tried to figure it out using the cards from regular 3rd ed which I got from ebay, and ISW4 which I got from drive thru rpg, but those cards are different from 3rd ed revised.

So embarrassed I missed these. It appears the entries are simply offset one column to the right. Shifting them left one column gives the correct results (so Pg damage at 0/1/2/3/4/5 is 7/7/7/6/6/6). I will pull my archives and get Matt the updated version this evening.
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Fangsimon on Tue 27 Aug 2019 09:33

dazrand wrote:
Fangsimon wrote:The range 0 column for Energy beams and Plasma Guns is empty. Is there a corrected card? I tried to figure it out using the cards from regular 3rd ed which I got from ebay, and ISW4 which I got from drive thru rpg, but those cards are different from 3rd ed revised.

So embarrassed I missed these. It appears the entries are simply offset one column to the right. Shifting them left one column gives the correct results (so Pg damage at 0/1/2/3/4/5 is 7/7/7/6/6/6). I will pull my archives and get Matt the updated version this evening.

Thanks for the quick response! Now that I look at it with this information it makes perfect sense
Fangsimon
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Tue 27 Aug 2019 11:28

It’s my fault as well, I should have caught this in review.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby coldsteel on Tue 27 Aug 2019 11:46

NO RANGE 0 FOR YOU!!!!!!! Bwa-Ha-haaaaaaa..... <cough>

Good catch.
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Tue 27 Aug 2019 13:07

In Classic Starfire I was always too busy doing running missile engagements.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Classic Starfire