Rules question/clarification

Home of discussions about Ultra Starfire (5th edition) and its predecessor Galactic Starfire (4th edition).

Moderators: SDS Owner, SDS Members

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Rules question/clarification

Postby Club on Sat 08 Aug 2009 21:32

the ITW warhead twig listing states that it branches from the G, R, Rc, Pt, and Ptc trees.

However, the description states that it mounts on a capital plasma torpedo, with no mention of other weapons.

As getting a twig that one cannot use without an entirely separate tree is pointless, I think this needs clarification, ether as a Ptcx option only, or as a warhead that can be mounted on the other missiles (Likely for different damage in the later case)
TAG: As I understand it, he sought to avoid turning one-point-six trillion Terran sophonts into undead, war-mongering super-soldiers.
Captain Tagon: It it wrong for me to think that would be pretty cool to watch?

http://www.schlockmercenary.com
Club
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Rules question/clarification

Postby krenshala on Sat 08 Aug 2009 21:54

My guess would be that the twig you research would be specific to the 'valid' weapon(s) available to you (your race). So, if you only have R and Rc, then those would be what the ITW twig would apply to.

Some of the others could probably give you a better, or at least more clear, answer. Marvin?
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Sat 08 Aug 2009 23:53

My understanding was that ITW Warheads were for Capital Plasma Torpedoes only. I'm not sure why the connections from R, Rc, and G. We'll have to wait for Marvin's answer.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Dawn Falcon on Sun 09 Aug 2009 08:53

I designed those, with the intent they were for capital plasma torpedos only. There were other warheads for other LRW types. I agree it's not overly balanced, but there's a reason they're in that end section :)
Dawn Falcon
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby krenshala on Wed 12 Aug 2009 16:28

Ah, so i was half right: they are for only the weapons you have available ... assuming you only have Ptc. :lol:
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Ultra Starfire