Introduction to the QSR Campaign

With a new concept we decided to restart this idea. Here are the original scenarios for historical purposes.

Moderators: Cralis, SDS Members, SDS Owner

Re: Introduction to the QSR Campaign

Postby TimE on Wed 15 Jun 2016 06:29

I do have one other question which maps do these use? as I have the 3rd ed maps that came with the box set and the task force games map set the 4 piece system map, the interception map, and the tactical map.
TimE
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby procyon on Wed 15 Jun 2016 07:33

I would say any map you care to use, set at the tactical scale. We played out scenario 1 one a pair of letter sized pieces of paper with the hex grid on them. That way the players could run the game on a tray table set between the recliners (hey, may as well be comfortable).
That, and the big hex map is currently in use.
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby Cralis on Wed 15 Jun 2016 09:20

Officially the 4-part map is what we use, primarily because it's a "full sized map". Honestly, as long as you can meet the conditions of the scenario, it doesn't matter.

That said, for the next scenario I have already planned a post about the maps because we are going to do something a little different for the "QSR Campaign" rules.

That said, I've been thinking about calling them the QSSR: Quick Start Strategic Rules...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Whitecold on Thu 16 Jun 2016 16:00

I posted a small picture of the maps I'm currently using. Home built map, paper glued on a cardboard/wood board, and home cut counters.
Much more complicated than ordering them or just cutting out the counters from the QSR, but square counters on a hex board somehow irked me, and I'm not that fond of the look of the counters.
Whitecold
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Fri 17 Jun 2016 11:24

It looks really nice. I experimented with hex-shaped counters a long time ago. I realized that having the square counters not fill the hex gave me room between the counters to grab them (with my clumsy fingers). They also don't bump into each other when you rotate them on the map.

But I might try hex-shaped again someday using the Ogre Designer Edition technique. They use hex-shaped counters that fill the hex, but they cut off the top 1/3rd of the counter so you had room on the board the grab them. I might try it again that way, but I'm thinking that the ship silohuette might feel crowded on the reduced height.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Tue 19 Jul 2016 01:16

Ok we are back on track. I took care of the SDS record keeping and obligations that needed to be done. And I've got the next two scenarios basically done. I'm putting Scenario 2 out now and Scenario 3 a couple day from now. And with a little luck, I'll have another surprise later this week.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to QSR Archive