If it's not one thing...

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

If it's not one thing...

Postby Cralis on Wed 22 Jun 2016 00:36

I finally have a chance to update everyone on why I've been practically non-existent since this weekend. My wife's father had a heart attack this weekend and he's undergoing bypass surgery tomorrow. Between trying to get the kids to all their normal appointments, summer programs, and spending time at the hospital, I've not even been at work.

I have the 2nd QSR scenario written but not fully tested (I _know_ the outcome will differ between the counter and miniature playthroughs!!), but not the story. I have the 3rd QSR scenario outlined but obviously it hasn't been tested or the story written. I've at least been able to get a delay for my class that I was writing stories for.

And this doesn't count the behind-the-scenes stuff going on. I owe Krenshala AND Dazrand a couple beers or something because they've been waiting on me to get them some stuff...

Alright, I'll check back in and answer some stuff via my phone as normal but I'm going to try and reset my timeline to this week. If everyone is ok with testing my initial ideas, even though it will probably be way off, I can post the next scenario... oh we'll call it a beta version. But the story will come later this week. Sound good?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: If it's not one thing...

Postby southwestforests on Wed 22 Jun 2016 09:07

Oh dear! Blessings and healing to your wife's father.
Tell them there's this bunch of strange geeks out in the universe who say hello to them :D
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby nukesnipe on Wed 22 Jun 2016 09:56

southwestforests wrote:Oh dear! Blessings and healing to your wife's father.
Tell them there's this bunch of strange geeks out in the universe who say hello to them :D

Ditto!
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Morpheus on Wed 22 Jun 2016 11:03

Hope the surgery goes well!

I was hoping to play scenario #1 over Father's Day weekend, but didn't get a chance to play them yet.
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Thu 23 Jun 2016 08:43

Surgery went well, but they found five blocked arteries instead of three. Fun times.

Thank you for your concern. He's a science fiction buff so he'll probably get a kick out of the well wishes by a "bunch of strange geeks" ... of course, I'm letting him borrow my Starfire novels to read while he's recovering :)

I'm guessing that since nobody said they wanted me to post the "beta" untested version of scenario #2 without the story, ya'll would like me to finish it first.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby southwestforests on Fri 24 Jun 2016 01:43

Yay! on surgery success. While it is a bummer there were five blockages instead of three, it is a good thing the additional two were found.
Tell him we want him to stay on the healing path so we can keep getting all these outrageous tales his son in law tells about him, our lives would feel lesser without them ;)
(that everybody knows such doesn't happen is what would make that funny in our family, I'm gambling that y'all's may work similarly.)
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby noname_hero on Fri 24 Jun 2016 03:45

Cralis wrote:I'm guessing that since nobody said they wanted me to post the "beta" untested version of scenario #2 without the story, ya'll would like me to finish it first.

I guess it is more like we want you to save your time and energy for important things. Starfire is just a game.
noname_hero
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby procyon on Fri 24 Jun 2016 22:11

I second the 'take care of you & your family first' statement. Glad to hear the surgery went well. Now on to a quick recovery.
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby Cralis on Sat 25 Jun 2016 14:50

Thank you everyone, the major impact here is that I've been doing my job and my wife's work around the house all week while she's with her father. That and the even-more-than-normal lack of sleep trying to get everything done.

I'm testing the scenarios today...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to General