And glorious battle is met!

Hope you like it so far.

http://aromathus.com/index.php?option=c ... =15&id=129
MrLemurBoy
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Terran Empire Saga - Chapter 3

Postby Cralis on Wed 11 Aug 2010 18:17

Seemed like a bit of a massacre... youch!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Darth Pedro on Fri 13 Aug 2010 19:34

More..more...more

I love it!
Darth Pedro: Emperor of Space
Darth Pedro
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Terran Author on Wed 25 Aug 2010 08:02

OK, guys, sorry this post is so late, but I've been dealing with some family medical issues and forgot to come over here and post.

That being said, I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

And yes, it was a massacre. He he. Up until SBMHAWK pods, the Rutak home system was the toughest in the known galaxy (well, at least the systems I knew about - and it was up there, from talking to the other players.)

Here are the Ru'tak forts:

DIVINE HAMMER - class ASTERIOD FORT (500 HS)

Sx100 Ax99 ZH(BbS)HQFFFFFFFFFFQFFFFFQFFFFFQ(M3)FFFFFDLhQFFFFFD(M3) F(M3)TT(DCS)QFFFFF(DCS)Q(M3)QFDFDFDFDFDDDXrQ(CIC)DDFFDDLhQFDF(?)FC

-Fx56, Tx2,Dx15, 100 XO; (DCS)x2 (TRG: 10 DEF –3 )

These were the big asteroid forts - these alone (at range eight) had gutted many Lem'zha battleships...

There were also a half dozen 250 HS AST forts, each with 20 RC, as well as a 1/2 dozen BS4's with 15 RC's.

Closer in where a ring of BS2's with pure Pg batteries.... It was brutal. In the last Lem'zha assult, he sent in (by the orders of the other player who "gave" him the ships (money alliance) something like 60 BB's. Between the forts, bouys, and mines, I killed everything he sent and lost nothing (I controlled the Ru'tak until I allied with the Lem'zha, at which point they got handed off to the Brit'laa player, who had just allied with them)

Then pods came. This was the first campaign battle where either the Lemming player or myself had used pods in combat. We knew from the fiction they'd be nasty, just not how nasty. And as this was the last battle where I ran the Ru'tak (handing off my fleet to my Lemming ally), I got to see how to NOT defend against pods. In other words, well, the characters reactions are my own. :)

If anyone wants more ship SSD's. just pm me. And be sure to look at chapter four later today when Mr Lemurboy posts it. Ground Combat... Yeah!!!
"Overkill is under-rated." - Col. Hannibal Smith
Terran Author
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Return to Terran Empire Saga